Parc floral Les Camellias de la Prairie
The St Jean du Gard aquarium
Equestrian centre, Alès
Pôle Mécanique (motor sports centre for go-karting and motor-racing)
The Grotte de Soustelle
Ales from the air
The Grand Bois adventure park (tree top adventures)
Pont du Gard
Thirty minutes from the campsite, the Roman aqueduct is built on an exceptional UNESCO World Heritage site; prepare for a voyage through 40 centuries of history.
Open all year round.
Château de Portes
The Grotte de Trabuc
Thirty five minutes drive from the campsite, the ‘hundred thousand soldiers’ is a unique attraction and, to this day, still unexplained by experts the world over.
Open from March to October.
The Grotte de la Cocalière
Forty minutes from the campsite, this is one of the three most beautiful caves in France. Discover the wealth of natural wonders and features at the Grotte de la Cocalière including a cave pearl and more than one hundred discs (circular concretions).
Open from 15 March until 1 November.
Bambouseraie (bamboo garden) de Prafrance
Twenty minutes from the campsite in Générargues, you will find a giant bamboo forest and botanical garden which is unique in Europe. It promises an exceptional, exotic and relaxing visit.
Open from 1 March to 15 November
The Cévennes steam train
Twenty minutes from the campsiteis the tourist train from Anduze to St. Jean du Gard. This train ride is unforgettable and not to be missed. Towed by a steam train, the open carriages allow you to admire the breathtaking Cévennes scenery. Along the route you could disembark at Générargues and visit the bamboo garden.
Open from 30 March to 31 October.
We are blessed with our location at the heart of a magnificent region of France and you should definitely take the opportunity to enjoy and explore the surroundings. It is a chance to leave our 4 star campsite in search of adventure!
Some suggestions of nearby attractions
- Le Pont du Gard: A UNESCO World Heritage site, Le Pont du Gard is definitely worth taking the time to visit.
- Nîmes: Nîmes offers wonderful shopping opportunities but also its splendid Arena, Maison Carrée or Fountain Gardens for which the city is famous.
- Avignon: You can also visit Avignon, less than an hour from our Cévennes campsite.
- The Grotte de Trabuc: Just half an hour from our campsite in Gard you can find yourself at this unique attraction which remains, to this day, unexplained by scientists.
- The Grotte de la Cocalière This breathtaking site is an absolute must-see for cavers.
- The Gardon Gorges: The perfect place for nature and sports lovers of every sort who will enjoy the site’s unparalleled beauty.
- The southern coast beaches: You can also head to the beach for some lazy days at the sea, less than an hour from our Gard campsite.